If you need a ride to and from non-emergency medical visits, call the Nonemergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) program at 1-866-824-1565 (TTY 711) 24 hours a day, seven days a week. NEMT can help you to get a ride to your health care appointments when there are no other transportation options. Rides are available between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Central Time, Monday through Friday.
What Services Are Covered?
The plan offers rides free of charge when you have no other way to get to:
- A doctor's appointment
- An appointment with another health care provider
- A dental appointment
- A pharmacy
How Far in Advance Can I Call?
- Call NEMT when you know you will need a ride.
- You must call NEMT at least two days before your appointment.
- If your visit is on Monday, call NEMT by Thursday the week before.
When you call, you will need to give NEMT the following facts:
- Your full name, current address, phone number and BCBSTX member ID number.
- The type of appointment you’re going to.
- The date and time of your doctor’s visit.
- The address where they will pick you up. If there is a phone number at the place they are picking you up, they need that too.
- The name, address and phone number of the doctor or drug store where you need to go.
If you or your children have any special needs, they need to know that so they can send the right type of vehicle. For example, for people who use a wheelchair, they can send a van with a wheelchair ramp.
If you need additional help getting a ride, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) offers Extra Help Getting a Ride as a Value Added Service.
Call 911 if you need emergency transport. (You do not need an OK from BCBSTX in the event of an emergency.
To learn more about transportation services, see the STAR Member Handbook.