STAR Kids members can schedule free rides to medical appointments and other related services through the Non-emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) program. Learn more about NEMT transportation services.
If you are not able to get a ride through NEMT, BCBSTX may be able to help. BCBSTX’s transportation Value-Added Service (VAS) offers free rides to approved services not covered by Medicaid, including:
- BCBSTX member events and meetings
- Approved health classes
- VAS services such as hippotherapy
- For covered services where the parent needs to bring more than one child
How Do I Get Transportation Benefits?
BCBSTX STAR Kids members can get help through our VAS transportation vendor, ModivCare, when NEMT is not available. ModivCare is an independent company providing transportation services for STAR Kids members of BCBSTX.
If NEMT is unable to help you and you still need help getting a ride, please call the BCBSTX Customer Advocate Department at 1-877-688-1811 (TTY 711) to schedule a ride.
Please have this information ready when you call:
- Your child’s full name, current address and phone number
- Your child’s member ID number
- The date you want to ride
- The name, address and phone number of where you are going
- What kind of appointment you are going to
- If you will need a wheelchair van or some other kind of help during the trip