Blue Access Mobile text messaging allows members to opt-in to receive notifications, reminders and tips directly to a mobile phone via a text message.
BCBSTX Text Messaging
BCBSTX offers one-time text message programs as well as subscription text services on the short codes 222789 and 33633. These text messages may be either transactional alerts or contain marketing content.
BCBSTX offers these text programs to provide information or resource links on some of the following but not exclusive topics: health and fitness tips, member coverage, medication reminders, and health insurance education. Health related information provided is not meant to replace professional medical advice. Transactional information provided is valid only at the time the text message is sent and may change at a later time.
Our member exclusive program, Blue Access for Members Text Messaging, is accessible through the member website, Blue Access for MembersSM (BAM). Members must be registered and choose to participate through the BAM website. See below for more specific information.
Text Messaging Terms and Conditions:
- BCBSTX Short Codes are 222789 and 33633
- BCBSTX is supported by all major cellular network carriers
- Message and data rates may apply
- Message frequency is recurring and varies based on user subscriptions and account setup
- You can opt-out of BCBSTX Text Messaging (SMS) programs at any time by texting "STOP" to cancel. A confirmation message will be sent back to you.
- To request support at anytime, text "HELP" for help. For additional support call 888-706-0583.
- Consent not a condition of purchase
- Messages will be sent to the phone number provided
Blue Access for Members Text Messaging
- Claim Status Notification — Receive notifications when claims are processed. Note: Only subscribers are able to opt-in for claim status notification
- ID Card Information — Request personal ID card information (ID number, medical group number, and coverage effective date) via text message using the keyword "ID"
- Diabetes Rx Drug Reminder — Receive reminders to take medication and check blood sugar. Choose the frequency and time of day for reminders (9 a.m., 12 p.m. or 7 p.m.)
- Diabetes Diet Tips — Receive weekly diet management tips geared towards stabilizing insulin levels. Note: messages will be sent on Sunday at approximately 11a.m. CST
To opt-in for texting features, you must be registered for Blue Access for MembersSM (BAM) and elect to participate through your BAM User Profile (within Mobile Preferences) or during BAM registration.
During BAM Registration — You can register for BAM from your mobile phone or desktop. During the registration process, simply enter your mobile phone number and check the appropriate box to opt-in to receive claim status notifications via text message. To participate in other text message offerings, go to your User Profile and then the Mobile Preferences page.
Once you've completed your BAM registration, a text message will be sent to the mobile phone number you entered requesting that you to reply with the subscriber's five-digit ZIP code. For your security, your enrollment in the text messaging program will not be complete until you respond with the subscriber's ZIP code. If you do not respond with the subscriber's 5-digit ZIP code within 7 days, a one-time reminder will be sent to you. Once you successfully submit the subscriber's ZIP code, you will receive a confirmation via text message and your mobile phone number will show as Verified in your mobile preferences.
From within User Profile (Setting Mobile Preferences) — Within your BAM User Profile's Mobile Preferences page, you can manage your mobile phone number, opt-in to text message offerings, and view a list of available text keywords.
Your mobile phone number will show as Unverified until you successfully submit the subscriber's 5-digit ZIP code. Only when your mobile phone number shows as Verified are you fully able to partake in text message offerings.
Manage your mobile number: To change your mobile phone number, simply enter your new number and it will be marked as Unverified until you resubmit the subscriber's 5-digit ZIP code.
Opt-in: You will be able to opt-in to additional text message offerings once your phone number has been Verified. Once verified, you can text "ID" to BCBSTX (222789) to receive ID card information via text message. For assistance with the program via your mobile phone, text the keywords "STOP" to end all messaging or "HELP" to receive information on where to get your questions answered to BCBSTX (222789).
When your mobile phone number shows as Unverified, this means that you are not yet fully registered. To complete your registration, simply reply to the text message requesting the subscriber's 5-digit ZIP code.
Once you have successfully texted Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) with the plan subscriber's 5-digit ZIP code, your mobile phone number will show as Verified.
To deactivate or change your mobile phone number, go to your Mobile Preferences within your User Profile in BAM and either delete your number or enter a new number.
Once you have entered a new mobile number, it will show as Unverified and you will need to reply with the subscriber's 5-digit ZIP code.
Text ID to BCBSTX (222789) to receive ID card information
Text COPAY to BCBSTX (222789) to receive information on copay
Text DEDUCTIBLE to BCBSTX (222789) to receive information on deductibles
Text COINSURANCE to BCBSTX (222789) to receive information on coinsurance
Text HELP to BCBSTX (222789) to receive information on where to get your questions answered
Text STOP to BCBSTX (222789) to end all text messages
Users of this service will not be charged a fee by BCBSTX. However, you may want to check with your mobile service provider since message and data rates may apply depending on your mobile service agreement.