To increase access to quality, affordable health care across the communities we serve.
To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health.
At BCBSTX, we stand with all our members, especially those with disabilities. We are committed to creating web content and digital tools that are accessible to everyone.
To promote accessibility on our websites, we:
- Follow WCAG 2.1 AA standards and the World Wide Web Consortium’s recommendations for web content
- Work closely with disability organizations so that our efforts are guided by lived experience
- Create content that is easy to read and understand for people with visual or cognitive impairments
- Use reflow technology, standard contrast ratios, alt-text, and other methods to help people with visual impairments or who use assistive technology
- Provide captions and transcripts for video and audio media
- Ensure a consistent approach for the user experience
To promote accessibility within BCBSIL, we:
- Use our In-Abled Business Resource Group to create an inclusive environment for those with disabilities
- Give our employees tools to help them do their best work, including:
- Video conferencing with auto-captions and high-contrast visuals
- Email and instant messaging with speech-to-text, text reading playback, and auto-prompts for accessible replies
- Screen-reader functions for internal digital content
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas is dedicated to inclusion and respect for those with disabilities. We welcome any feedback.
Please email Digital_Accessibility@bcbstx.com to provide feedback about our web content.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
Digital Accessibility Program Manager
1001 E. Lookout Drive
Richardson, Texas 75082