Non-Emergency Transportation Services
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) can help you get a ride to your child’s health care appointments, health classes or therapy. We will send a wheelchair van if needed.
How Do I Get Transportation Benefits?
BCBSTX STAR Kids members can get help through our non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT) vendor, Logisticare, when the HHSC Medical Transportation Program (MTP) is not available. Logisticare is an independent company providing transportation services for STAR Kids members of BCBSTX.
STAR Kids members should first call MTP at 1-877-633-8747 to schedule rides. Learn more about MTP transportation services Opens in new window.
If MTP is unable to help you and you still need help getting a ride, please call BCBSTX Customer Service at 1-877-688-1811 (TTY 7-1-1) to schedule a ride. We still ask you to schedule your ride at least three days before your scheduled appointment, or 24 hours before a sick child visit.
Please have this information ready when you call:
- Your child’s full name, current address and phone number
- Your child’s member ID number
- The date you want to ride
- The name, address and phone number of where you are going
- What kind of appointment you are going to
- If you will need a wheelchair van or some other kind of help during the trip
NEMT is for STAR Kids members when MTP is not available; NEMT requires one to three days minimum advance scheduling and prior authorization.