We want you to have access to resources that can help your child to meet health goals. That's why we offer the following programs.
- Member Advisory Group — Each quarter, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) holds a Member Advisory Group (MAG) Meeting so that we can find out how we can serve you better. If you would like to come and share your ideas with BCBSTX staff and community partners on what you like about your plan benefits or where we can do better, please contact the STAR Kids member advocate in your area for details. For the Travis Service Area call toll-free at 1-877-375-9097, or in the Central Service Area call 1-855-497-0857 (TTY: 711). Find a MAG meeting.
- 24/7 Nurse Hotline — If you have questions, our nurses have answers. This help line is staffed 24 hours a day with registered nurses who can help you get answers to your health questions. If an unexpected medical situation arises, a nurse can help you decide if you should call your doctor, visit the ER or urgent care, or treat the problem yourself. You can call 1-855-802-4614 (TTY: 711) to access the Nurse Hotline.
- Hear Her Texas — Teaches pregnant women about warning signs of health problems during pregnancy that could lead to maternal death.
- Pregnancy and Postpartum Depression — Get information to learn about the symptoms of depression and postpartum depression and how to get help.
- Mental Health Hotlines — These hotlines are available 24/7. Calls are confidential and at no cost to you.
988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline – provides support for those who are in distress, as well as prevention and crisis information.
National Maternal Mental Health Hotline – provides support before, during and after pregnancy for those who feel overwhelmed, anxious or depressed.
- Findhelp — This website helps you find the resources you need for food, housing, legal issues, financial issues and more. Find programs, connect to services and apply for assistance.
- Best Benefits Program — For those who are disabled, there is government assistance. Learn what you qualify for and how to access the programs. We want you to get the help you need.
- Programs to Keep You Well —BCBSTX offers many interactive programs and services designed to keep you well.
- Tobacco Cessation Program — Do you need help to quit smoking? Call the Tobacco Cessation Hotline at 1-877-262-2674 (TTY: 711) to join the program. You can get support, advice, and education throughout the program.
If you have questions, please call the Customer Advocate Department toll-free at 1-877-688-1811 (TTY: 711).