If you have questions about the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas STAR Kids Plan, please contact us.
• Customer service representatives are available at 1-877-688-1811 (TTY 711)
We are open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Central Time, Monday through Friday. You may leave a voice mail outside of our normal business hours or on weekends and holidays.
If you are experiencing an emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room.
If you need help with a specific service, you may also contact us at one of the following:
- For Service Coordination, call 1-877-301-4394 (TTY 711)
- For the Behavioral Health Services Hotline, call 1-800-424-0324 (TTY 1-800-635-2883)
- For a Member Advocate in the Central Service Area, call 1-855-497-0857 (TTY 711)
- For a Member Advocate in the Travis service area, call 1-877-375-9097 (TTY 711)
- For the 24/7 Nurse Hotline, call 1-855-802-4614 (TTY 711)
If your provider needs to contact us, he or she may call the Provider Services Hotline at
If you need to contact Texas Health Steps, call them toll-free at 1-877-847-8377 (1-877-THSTEPS). Learn more about Texas Health Steps.
To file a complaint or ask for a fair hearing, call us at 1-877-688-1811 (TTY 711) or write to:
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
Attn: Complaints and Appeals Department
PO Box 660717
Dallas, TX 75266-0717
This information is available for free in other languages and alternative formats.
You can get this website in Spanish, or speak with someone about this information in other languages or formats for free. Call 1-877-688-1811 (TTY 711). The call is free.