Apply for Funding
For nearly 90 years, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) has forged alliances with private and public organizations to honor our commitment to improve the health of all Texans. Our charitable contributions allow us to connect with not just our customers, but also community partners, local leaders and policymakers interested in making Texas a healthier state. Through these partnerships, BCBSTX seeks to support sustainable, measurable programs and impactful organizations that strengthen and enrich Texas communities.
Who Can Apply
BCBSTX supports community, business and provider organizations that share our mission and align with our priorities. We accept requests for sponsorships and grants from organizations that are located within Texas and have at least one of the following designations:
- Defined as a non-profit under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code
- Government, civic and cultural organizations
What We Don't Fund
BCBSTX is unable to fund:
- Organizations or projects with written policies that discriminate against individuals based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- School athletic programs
- Applications from individuals
- Applications that do not align with our funding priorities
Funding Mechanisms and Priorities: How to Apply
Each year, BCBSTX supports more than 400 Texas organizations through two types of funding mechanisms: sponsorships and grants.
Sponsorship funds are available to 501(c)(3) organizations and can be applied to programs and events. Limited funding is also available for non-charitable organizations. Examples of events under this mechanism include: galas, benefits, golf tournaments, luncheons, conferences, etc.
In Texas, sponsorship dollars are prioritized to organizations that support the following areas:
- Access to Care: Projects that increase awareness and understanding of access to preventive and health care services for underinsured, uninsured, minority and low-income households.
- Prevention and Risk Reduction: Projects that increase awareness and understanding of healthy choices in everyday living and promote a healthy lifestyle. Examples of project areas include: nutrition, physical activity, weight management and tobacco cessation.
- Chronic Disease Management: Projects that increase awareness and understanding of living with and managing chronic conditions. Examples of project areas include: diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and mental illnesses such as Alzheimer's.
- Community Involvement: As a corporate entity, brand visibility and community involvement are important to business growth. Through these sponsorships we seek opportunities that allow BCBSTX to grow its presence in communities.