Assistance Available for Members Impacted by Natural Disasters Across the Country
On Aug. 26, 2017, the Texas Department of Insurance requested that insurers help their members impacted by Hurricane Harvey.
We are now going back to normal business operations. It has been our privilege to stand with you during this rare and tragic event.
This means we:
- Gave individual and family plan members longer grace periods to pay premiums;
- Gave applicants more time to send binder payments or special enrollment records;
- Approved up to a 90-day supply of prescription drugs, no matter when the prescription was last filled;
- Waived fines, pre-authorization or need for referrals, and other administrative processes related to getting care for impacted members and providers; and
- Allowed claims for out-of-network care for members in the counties designated as a disaster area or impacted by the storm.
If you have any questions, call the Customer Service number on your member ID card.