December 16, 2020
In September, we introduced a new online tool via Availity called Patient ID Finder. This tool allows you to quickly obtain a Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) patient’s insurance ID and group numbers after entering patient-specific data elements
We are excited to announce that you can now use the Patient ID Finder to obtain the insurance ID and group numbers for Blue Cross Medicare AdvantageSM and Texas Medicaid members.
How do you use the Patient ID Finder via Availity?
Searching online for BCBSTX patient ID number is easy and consists of only four steps:
- Log into Availity
- Select Payer Spaces from the navigation menu and choose BCBSTX
- Select Patient ID Finder from the Applications tab, then complete and submit the request
- Patient ID and group numbers are returned
Eligibility and Benefits
This tool does not reflect the patient's eligibility or benefits. Refer to the Eligibility and Benefits User Guide for assistance with obtaining real-time eligibility and benefits information via Availity.
Sign Up for Availity
If you are not yet registered with Availity can sign up today at Availity , at no charge. For registration assistance call Availity Client Services at 1-800-282-4548.
For More Information
- Refer to the Patient ID Finder User Guide in the Provider Tools section of our website.
- Visit the Training page on our website to register for an upcoming Availity 101 session hosted weekly to learn more about online offerings, including the Patient ID Finder.
- If you need further assistance or customized training, contact our Provider Education Consultants.
Checking eligibility and/or benefit information and/or the fact that a service has been preauthorized is not a guarantee of payment. Benefits will be determined once a claim is received and will be based upon, among other things, the member’s eligibility and the terms of the member’s certificate of coverage applicable on the date services were rendered. If you have any questions, call the number on the member’s ID card.
Availity is a trademark of Availity, LLC, a separate company that operates a health information network to provide electronic information exchange services to medical professionals. Availity provides administrative services to BCBTX. BCBSTX makes no endorsement, representations or warranties regarding any products or services provided by third party vendors such as Availity. If you have any questions about the products or services provided by such vendors, you should contact the vendor(s) directly.