The BlueCard program links participating health care providers and the independent Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans across the country and around the world through a single electronic network.
BlueCard enables our members to obtain health care services while traveling or living in another Blue Cross and/or Blue Shield Plan’s service area.
Program Advantages for Providers:
- The program allows you to submit claims for members from other BCBS Plans to the Texas Plan.
- BCBSTX is your sole contact for claims payment, problem resolution and adjustments.
Covered Services Under BlueCard
- All inpatient, outpatient and professional services
Services Not Covered Under BlueCard
- Prescription Drugs
- Dental (non-surgical)
- Federal Employee Program® (FEP)
How the BlueCard Program Works:
- Three – Character Prefixes
- Eligibility and Benefits
- Prior Authorization Requirements
- Claim Guidelines
- Claim Status Inquiry Online
- Quick Guide to Blue Cross and Blue Shield Member ID Cards
Refer to the BlueCard® Provider Manual for additional information.