At Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas, we have health plan options to meet the needs of you and your family.
When you’re looking for a new plan, you may come across different options like Individual and Family, Group, Dental and Vision, Medicare and Medicaid. If you’d like additional coverage, like dental or vision coverage, check out the plan details before enrolling.
BCBSTX Coverage for Individuals and Families
If you don’t get health insurance through your job, this might be the type of plan you and your family have. Individual and Family plans can help you stay covered if you’re a freelancer, small business owner or self-employed. You enroll in on your own during the Open Enrollment Period or with a qualifying event during the Special Enrollment Period. These plans cover a wide range of services and:
- Last a year or longer, and can usually be renewed
- Offer different levels of coverage to meet your cost and health care needs
- Meet the essential requirements set by the Affordable Care Act (ACA). ACA requirements include:
- Emergency services, hospitalization, and preventive care
- Maternity, newborn and pediatric care
- Mental health care and substance abuse treatment
- Lab services, prescription drugs, and disease management
- Rehabilitative services and devices
You may be able to get help paying for it with a premium tax credit, also known as a subsidy. When you’re ready to enroll, start your application to find out if you could save. When you’re ready to enroll, start your application to find out if you could save.