November 19, 2020
Care coordination is an integral component of the relationship between behavioral health providers and a primary care provider. It is especially important for members with chronic conditions who are receiving care from various settings. When behavioral health care is coordinated and integrated, our Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas members will benefit.
Magellan Healthcare® has a series of webinars to assist primary care providers, using National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) preferred practices and performance measures for coordination across all settings of care. These webinars provide recommendations and guidance on crucial Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) Measures such as:
- Strategies for care transition
- Improvements and recommendations specific to mental health populations, and those with mental illness who could subsequently develop an acute medical disease such as diabetes.
The Magellan Healthcare HEDIS Webinar series include:
- Follow-Up After Hospitalization for Mental Illness (FUH)
- Antidepressant Medication Management (AMM)
- Follow-up Care for Children Prescribed ADHD Medication (ADD)
- Initiation and engagement of Alcohol & Other Drug Dependence Treatment (IET)
For more information, access Magellan resources and/or contact Magellan's Provider Services directly at 1-800-788-4005. Please direct our Members to Magellan's Customer Care Line at 1-800-729-2422.