Nov. 27, 2019
Care coordination is an integral component between behavioral health providers and a primary care provider. It is especially important for members with chronic conditions who are receiving care from several providers and various settings. When behavioral health care is coordinated and integrated, our Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas members will benefit.
Magellan Healthcare has introduced a series of webinars to assist primary care providers, using National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) preferred practices and performance measures for coordination across all settings of care. These webinars provide recommendations and guidance on crucial Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) measures such as:
- Strategies for care transition
- Improvements and recommendations specific to mental health populations and those with behavioral health conditions who could then develop an acute medical disease such as diabetes.
The Magellan Healthcare HEDIS Webinar series includes:
- Follow-Up After Hospitalization for Mental Illness (FUH)
- Antidepressant Medication Management (AMM)
- Follow-up Care for Children Prescribed ADHD Medication (ADD)
For more information, access resources and/or contact Magellan’s Provider Services at 1-800-788-4005.