Nov. 27, 2019
Magellan Healthcare is contracted to perform behavioral health managed care functions for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) HMO and Employee Retirement System of Texas (ERS) patients. Magellan offers a variety of resources and services to assist Primary Care Providers (PCPs) to enhance medical and behavioral health outcomes for our members.
Access the Magellan PCP Toolkit of behavioral health resources.
- This toolkit is designed to give primary care providers the information and screening tools needed to assist in making referrals for care.
- Collaboration of the PCP and the behavioral health practitioner can improve the safety and efficacy of services to support better outcomes for members.
- The Toolkit offers numerous platforms and tools for standardizing and streamlining effective collaboration such as:
- Clinical practice guidelines
- Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®) measures specific to behavioral health
- Diagnostic screening tools
- Community Resources
PCPs can contact Magellan Healthcare for assistance with:
- Screening patients for co-occurring depression and substance abuse.
- Case management support for members with behavioral health needs to evaluate options and activities which meet the member's clinical and medical needs.
We strongly recommend referring to Magellan's case management program for patients who are suspected of suffering from severe and persistent mental illness.