We are committed to ensuring that you get the health care you need. We also want you to have access to resources that can help you meet your health goals. That's why we offer the following educational information and wellness programs that can help you lead a healthier life.
LifeTime Newsletter: a quarterly newsletter from BCBSTX and a guide to lifelong health. View the latest edition PDF Document.
Health, Wellness and Community Resources
Do you want to find the right resources, save money, and manage your medical conditions? We offer programs and resources with your well-being in mind.
- Condition Management — Are you at risk for a chronic condition such as asthma, diabetes, or heart disease? Or maybe you need help managing your condition? Our team of registered nurses and other health care professionals are here to with you and your doctor.
- Service Management — You may receive care coordination services based on your health assessment needs. These services will help you to reach your health goals.
- 24/7 Nurseline — If you have questions, our nurses have answers. This help line is staffed 24 hours a day with registered nurses who can help you get answers to your health questions. If an unexpected medical situation arises, a nurse can help you decide if you should call your doctor, visit the ER or urgent care, or treat the problem yourself. You can call the number on the back of your ID card to get the 24/7 Nurseline number for your plan.
- Special Beginnings — Special Beginnings helps pregnant mothers and their babies by providing health education before and after pregnancy. You should enroll in the program as soon as you know you are pregnant. You will receive personal and private phone calls from an experienced nurse all the way from pregnancy to six weeks after your child is born. To learn more, check out the Member Handbook. You can also call customer service at 1-888-657-6061 (TTY 711), or email us at Special Beginnings.
- Aunt Bertha — This website helps you find the resources you need for food, housing, legal issues, financial issues and more. Find programs, connect to services and apply for assistance.
- Programs to Keep You Well —Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) offers many interactive programs and services designed to keep you well.
Other Health Topics
Some chronic conditions can be managed so you maintain a good quality of life. With lifestyle changes, some of these conditions can go away or be greatly improved. Some ways to help you lead a more healthy life include a healthy diet, exercise, working to lower your stress levels and following your doctor's advice. Check out these health topics:
Get Ready for a Disaster
Natural and man-made disasters can occur at any time and it is important to be prepared. Use the tools below to make sure you and your family are ready when a disaster hits.
- Register with the State of Texas Emergency Assistance Registry (STEAR). If you or your child have a disability or medical condition that would require extra help during a disaster, you should register with STEAR. You can register online or call 2-1-1.
- Family Emergency Communication Plan – Create a plan ahead of time to make sure you and your family know what to do and where to go when a disaster hits.
- Emergency Supply List – Make an emergency supply kit now to make sure you have the basic supplies needed during a disaster.