Network Participation – How to Join
Refer to the COVID-19 Preparedness page for temporary information related to servicing members in response to COVID-19.
Provider Onboarding Process
Before you can get contracted in the BCBSTX Provider Networks or send claims electronically as an out-of-network provider, you will need to be assigned a BCBSTX Provider Record ID. Learn More
Case Status Checker
If you have completed the Provider Onboarding Form, Demographic Update Form or sent a General Email Inquiry and would like to check the status, enter the case number you received in your confirmation email in our Case Status Checker .
Request Contract/Agreement/Network Participation
We welcome providers to apply for participation in our networks. Learn More
Credentialing and Recredentialing
All providers who participate in our networks are required to complete a credentialing process prior to acceptance. Refer to the following for additional information:
- Ancillary Providers Learn More
- Hospital/Facility Based Providers Learn More
- Office Based Physician and Professional Providers Learn More
Note: The requirements of creating and/or updating your CAQH profile is important. Failure to finalize your CAQH application within 45 days will cause the BCBSTX credentialing process to be discontinued and you will be required to start the process over.
- Recredentialing Learn More
Credentialing Status Checker
After you submit the Provider Onboarding Form to get credentialed, check the status of your credentialing process by entering your NPI or license number in our Credentialing Status Checker
Notify us of any changes
- Inform us of demographic changes whenever your practice information changes. Learn More
- Process a change of ownership (CHOW) for a Hospital and/or Ancillary Provider. Learn More
- CAQH ProView Database: You will be sent automatic reminders from CAQH to review and attest to the accuracy of your data. Use the CAQH ProView database to report any changes to your practice.