Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) invites you to participate as a provider in Blue Choice PPO as your participation helps ensure the program's success. Our long-standing history in providing affordable health care coverage to the people of Texas and our strong brand recognition make BCBSTX an excellent choice for members seeking cost-effective health care.
To participate in Blue Choice PPO, physicians and professional providers:
- Must have privileges at one of the Blue Choice PPO participating hospitals (unless inpatient admissions are uncommon or not required for the physician's or professional provider's specialty, or provider has someone who will admit on their behalf)
- Must sign a Blue Choice PPO agreement
To request a Blue Choice PPO Network Participation Agreement:
Visit our Request Contract/Agreement/Network Participation page.
Please note that additional credentialing is not required for those providers already credentialed in the Blue EssentialsSM or Blue Advantage HMOSM network and whose credentialing is current.
Please contact your Network Management Consultant.
- Blue Choice PPOSM and Blue High PerformanceSM Provider Manual
- Blue Choice PPO Key Contact List
- Sample Blue Choice PPO Member ID Card
- Utilization Management - Prior Authorization Requirements
- Blue Choice PPO Quick Reference Guide