Blue PremierSM Network
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) offers the Blue Premier network, an HMO network in the following Texas counties:
- Austin — Bell, Hays, Travis and Williamson
- Dallas/Fort Worth — Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Johnson, Rockwall and Tarrant
- Houston and Beaumont — Chambers, Fort Bend, Hardin, Harris, Jefferson, Liberty, Montgomery, and Orange
- San Antonio — Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe and Kendall
Blue PremierSM and Blue Premier AccessSM
BCBSTX offers two products, Blue Premier and Blue Premier Access, that use the Blue Premier network. These products reflect our commitment to offer more choices and increase access to affordable and quality health care services for our members within the county coverage areas listed above.
Blue Premier members must select a primary care provider(PCP) and referrals are required to see a specialist. Blue Premier Access enables members to have the freedom to choose their care without having to select a primary care provider(PCP) or get a referral when seeing an in-network provider.
Note: Members must live or work within the network coverage area to enroll in these products.
To participate in Blue Premier network:
- Physicians and professional providers must have privileges at one of the Blue Premier participating hospitals (unless inpatient admissions are uncommon or not required for the provider's specialty) or have some who will admit on their behalf
- Must sign a Blue Premier agreement (which includes participation in Blue Premier Access)
To discuss participation in the Blue Premier Network, please contact your Network Management Consultant.
Please note that additional credentialing is not required for those providers whose credentialing is current in one of the other BCBSTX networks.