Blue Advantage HMOSM
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) is pleased to announce the launch of our Blue Advantage HMO network effective January 1, 2014 in all 254 Texas counties. The development of this new cost-effective network is designed to provide affordable quality health care services to the uninsured and underinsured. Blue Advantage HMO affords members medical benefits at a lower cost whenever they access care through a participating Blue Advantage HMO network provider.
BCBSTX extends an invitation for you to participate as a provider in Blue Advantage HMO as your participation helps ensure the program's success. Our long-standing history in providing affordable health care coverage to the people of Texas and our strong brand recognition make BCBSTX an excellent choice for members seeking cost-effective health care.
BCBSTX needs your network participation for this program to be successful. In order to participate in Blue Advantage HMO, physicians, professional providers, facility and ancillary providers:
- Must have privileges at one of the Blue Advantage HMO participating hospitals (unless inpatient admissions are uncommon or not required for the physician's, professional provider's, facility of ancillary provider's specialty) or have some who will admit on their behalf
- Must have a valid National Provider Identifier (NPI) number
- Must sign a Blue Advantage HMO agreement
To request a Blue Advantage HMO Network Participation Agreement, please refer to Request Contract/Agreement/Network Participation on the Network Participation page.
Please note that additional credentialing is not required for those providers already credentialed in the Blue Choice PPOSM or Blue Essentials networks and whose credentialing is current.
If you have any questions regarding this plan, please feel free to contact your Network Management office.
- Blue Essentials, Blue Advantage HMO and Blue Premier Physician, Professional Provider, Facility and Ancillary Provider - Provider Manual
- Blue Advantage HMO Key Contacts List
- Sample Blue Advantage HMO Member ID Card
- Blue Advantage HMO Preauthorization Requirements List
- Blue Advantage HMO Quick Reference Guide