The webinar is free for providers and coding professionals. Members of our Coding Compliance team will present information from the Official ICD-10-CM Coding Guidelines, American Hospital Association Coding Clinic and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. The webinar includes information on:
- Components of wellness visits
- Documentation standards and general coding requirements
- Coding for chronic conditions
Annual Wellness Visit Guide and Form
We have resources to help you document our members’ annual wellness visits. These resources are for your optional use only to help track your progress on meeting Medicare wellness visits requirements. You don’t need to return anything to us.
- Our Annual Wellness Visit Guide has a wellness visit checklist and information on coverage, coding, preventive services and closing gaps in care.
- Our Annual Wellness Visit form includes sections for members’ medical history, risk factors, conditions, treatment options, coordination of care and advance care planning. You may find it helpful to fill out this form during wellness visits.
Wellness visits provide opportunities to screen for health conditions and manage chronic ones. Please remind our members to schedule a visit this year if they haven’t already.
The material presented is for informational/educational purposes only, is not intended to be medical advice or a definitive source for coding claims and is not a substitute for the independent medical judgment of a physician or other health care provider. Health care providers are encouraged to exercise their own independent medical judgment based upon their evaluation of their patients’ conditions and all available information, and to submit claims using the most appropriate code(s) based upon the medical record documentation and coding guidelines and reference materials. References to other third-party sources or organizations are not a representation, warranty or endorsement of such organization. The fact that a service or treatment is described in this material, is not a guarantee that the service or treatment is a covered benefit and members should refer to their certificate of coverage for more details, including benefits, limitations and exclusions. Regardless of benefits, the final decision about any service or treatment is between the member and their health care provider.