As of Jan. 1, 2023, approximately 30,000 retirees from the University of Texas System (UTS) converted to UT CARETM Medicare PPO (UT CARE). UT CARE is a Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) open access Medicare Advantage PPO plan for UTS retirees.
ID Card Reminders
The front of a UT CARE member ID card includes:
- The UT CARE plan name UT CARE Medicare PPO
- Group #: No group number is on the ID Card. It is not needed to verify benefits.
ID Card Quick Reference Tips
- Each member receives a NEW member ID number and card.
- The entire member ID number including prefix must be updated to verify benefits and successfully process claims.
- Be sure to replace the patient’s previous member number with the new UT CARE number in your records.
Verification of Benefits
- Use the or your preferred vendor to check eligibility and benefits or
- Call Customer Service: 1-877-842-7562 to provide the following:
- Full Member ID number with alpha prefix letters: ZZTU12345678 on front of member ID card
- Member date of birth MM/DD/YYYY format
Verification of eligibility and/or benefit information is not a guarantee of payment. Benefits will be determined once a claim is received and will be based upon, among other things, the member’s eligibility, any claims received during the interim period and the terms of the member’s certificate of coverage applicable on the date services were rendered.
Availity is a trademark of Availity, L.L.C., a separate company that operates a health information network to provide electronic information exchange services to medical professionals. Availity provides administrative services to BCBSTX.