Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) / Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA)
Electronic Solutions for an Efficient Office
What are the advantages of Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) and Electronic Payment Summary (EPS)?
- No more lost or stolen checks
- Quicker access to your funds
- Increased security of information
- Less time spent on claims tracking
- Expedited patient account reconciliation
- Easier retrieval of archived data
It’s easy to enroll!
Providers may enroll and/or make necessary changes to the Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) and Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) set up through the Availity Web portal. The online EFT and ERA enrollment process through Availity can be completed in real-time, without the inconvenience of downloading and faxing or mailing paper enrollment forms.
Online EFT and ERA enrollment is available to registered Availity users. To register for Availity, simply go to availity.com and sign up today, at no additional cost. For assistance with the EFT and ERA enrollment process, refer to the Tip Sheets located in the Related Resources section.
Electronic Solutions Simplified
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) is a direct deposit claim payment from BCBSTX to your designated bank account.
- Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) or ANSI 832 transaction is a HIPAA-compliant method of receiving claim payment and remittance details. The ERA can be automatically posted to your patient accounting system. You should also check with your billing service, clearinghouse or software vendor to confirm ERA-compatibility and availability of auto-posting software.
- Electronic Payment Summary (EPS) is an electronic version of the Provider Claim Summary (PCS). You will automatically be enrolled for the EPS when you enroll for the ERA. The EPS arrives faster than the PCS and is easier to archive for future retrieval.
- Remittance Viewer is an electronic tool accessible to Availity users. This tool permits providers and billing services the ability to search, view, save and print remittance information, even if the ERA is delivered to an appointed receiver. To learn more, go to the Remittance Viewer page, found in the Education and Reference/Provider Tools section.
Have additional E-Commerce Questions? Contact our Electronic Commerce Center by emailing email@example.com. Also, visit the Tools/Remittance Viewer page in the Education and Reference Center of our Provider website for dates and times of upcoming Remittance Viewer webinars.
Availity is a registered trademark of Availity, L.L.C., a separate company that operates a health information network to provide electronic information exchange services to medical professionals. Availity provides administrative services to BCBSTX. BCBSTX makes no endorsement, representations or warranties regarding any products or services offered by third party vendors such as Availity. If you have any questions about the products or services offered by such vendors, you should contact the vendor(s) directly.