BCBSTX invites you to participate as a provider in Blue Advantage HMO as your participation helps ensure the program's success.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) is pleased to offer our Blue Advantage HMO and Blue Advantage Plus HMO network in all 254 Texas counties. This cost-effective network is designed to provide affordable quality health care services to the uninsured and underinsured. These products offer the members medical benefits at a lower cost whenever they access care through a participating Blue Advantage HMO and Blue Advantage Plus HMO network provider. In addition, Blue Advantage Plus HMO members can self-direct their care under their out-of-network benefits at a higher member cost share.
To participate in Blue Advantage HMO and Blue Advantage Plus HMO:
- Physicians and professional providers must have privileges at one of the Blue Advantage HMO participating hospitals (unless inpatient admissions are uncommon or not required for the physician's, professional provider's, facility of ancillary provider's specialty) or have some who will admit on their behalf
- Must sign a Blue Advantage HMO agreement (which includes participation in Blue Advantage Plus HMO)
To request a Blue Advantage HMO Network Participation Agreement:
Visit our Request Contract/Agreement/Network Participation page.
Please note that additional credentialing is not required for those providers whose credentialing is current in one of the other BCBSTX networks.
Please contact your Network Management Consultant.
- Blue Essentials, Blue Advantage HMO, Blue Premier and MyBlue Health Provider Manual
- Blue Advantage HMO Key Contacts List
- Sample Blue Advantage HMO Member ID Card
- Utilization Management - Prior Authorization Requirements
- Blue Advantage HMO Quick Reference Guide