Blue Cross Medicare Advantage (HMO)℠
BCBSTX was approved to offer, effective Jan. 1, 2016, a Medicare Advantage preferred provider plan that offers improved health benefits for Medicare beneficiaries. Blue Cross Medicare Advantage affords more comprehensive benefits at a lower cost for Medicare beneficiaries, whenever they access care through a participating provider.
If you are located in Bastrop, Burnet, Caldwell, Cameron, Chambers, El Paso, Fort Bend, Hardin, Harris, Hays, Hidalgo, Jefferson, Lee, Liberty, Montgomery, Orange, Webb, Willacy or Williamson counties, BCBSTX would like to extend the opportunity to you for participation as a provider in the Blue Cross Medicare Advantage (HMO) plan. Additionally, as of Jan. 1, 2018, BCBSTX Medicare Advantage will be effective in the following counties Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Kendall, Medina and Wilson.
BCBSTX believes that our long standing history in providing affordable health care coverage to the people of Texas, our strong brand recognition, and our historical relationship with Medicare makes BCBSTX an excellent choice for seniors seeking new health coverage opportunities.
BCBSTX needs your network participation for this program to be successful. In order to participate in Blue Cross Medicare Advantage HMO, physicians and professional providers:
- Must be a participating Blue Essentials (formerly HMO Blue TexasSM) physician or professional provider
- Must have privileges at one of the Blue Cross Medicare Advantage HMO participating hospitals (unless inpatient admissions are uncommon or not required for the physician's or professional provider's specialty)
- Must have a valid National Provider Identifier (NPI) number
- Must sign a Blue Cross Medicare Advantage HMO amendment to his/her HMO Blue Texas agreement
- Cannot have opted-out of Medicare or have any sanctions or reprimands by any licensing authority or review organizations
Note: Additional credentialing will not be required for those physicians or professional providers already credentialed in the Blue Essentials (formerly HMO Blue TexasSM) network and whose re-credentialing is current.
If you have any questions regarding this plan and are interested in participating, please feel free to contact your Network Management office.
Or go to How to Join BCBSTX Provider Networks and follow the steps.
- Blue Essentials (formerly HMO Blue TexasSM), Blue Advantage HMOSM and Blue PremierSM – Physician, Professional Provider, Ancillary and Facility Provider Manual
- Blue Cross Medicare Advantage HMO Supplement
- Blue Cross Medicare Advantage HMO Orientation
- Blue Cross Medicare Advantage HMO Key Contacts List
- Blue Cross Medicare Advantage HMO Member ID Card Sample
- Blue Cross Medicare Advantage HMO SNP Member ID Card Sample
- Effective 1/1/2017 through 5/31/17 — Blue Cross Medicare Advantage HMO Preauthorization Requirements List
- Effective 6/1/2017 through 12/31/17 — Blue Cross Medicare Advantage HMO Preauthorization Requirements List
- Effective 01/01/2018 — BCBSTX Medicare Advantage CPT Preauthorization Code List
- Blue Cross Medicare Advantage HMO Preauthorization Request
- Blue Cross Medicare Advantage HMO Quick Reference Guide
- Medicare Marketing Guidelines