Behavioral Health Quality Improvement Program
The Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) Behavioral Health Program is committed to delivering quality products and services that meet the needs of our members and customers.
Behavioral Health Quality Improvement (BH QI) department continually monitors and evaluates the Behavioral Health Care Management program for BCBSTX. BH QI identifies program enhancement opportunities benefiting members, physicians and other health care providers and shares information that can be used to achieve the best possible health outcomes.
The goals of our program are to:
- Improve medical and behavioral health outcomes for our members
- Facilitate continuity and coordination of care among physicians and other health care providers by collecting data on:
- Exchange of information
- Appropriate diagnoses, treatment and referrals of BH disorders commonly seen in primary care
- Appropriate use of psychotropic medications
- Management of treatment access and follow-up for members with coexisting medical and behavioral disorder
- Preventative behavioral healthcare program implementation
- Identify the special needs of members with severe and persistent mental illness
- Communicate with members, physicians and other health care providers to promote improved member health, overall satisfaction and experience.
Select the link below to read more about our Behavioral Health quality initiatives and accomplishments:
- 2019 Executive Summary and 2020 Goals
- 2018 Executive Summary and 2018 Goals
- 2017 Executive Summary and 2018 Goals
- 2016 Executive Summary and 2017 Goals
- 2015 Executive Summary and 2016 Goals
Questions? Contact the Behavioral Health Unit to share feedback or if you have questions about our programs.