The Electronic Refund Management (eRM) tool is designed to help simplify claim overpayment reconciliation and related processes. The eRM tool provides:
- Single sign-on through Availity® Essentials
- Electronic notifications of overpayments
- Option to deduct from future payments.
- Pay by check capability
The eRM tool also includes the Claim Inquiry Resolution (CIR) function, which enables ptoviders to submit inquiries related to High-Dollar, Pre-Pay Review requests for most Host (BlueCard® out-of-area) claims (Medical Records and/or Itemized Bills) handled by BCBSTX.
Prior to accessing eRM:
- Register with
- For Availity registration information, visit or call Availity Client Services at 1-800-282-4548
- Log into
- Select Payer Spaces from the navigation menu and choose BCBSTX
- Select the Applications tab, then choose Refund Management - eRM*
*New users will be prompted to complete the one-time eRM onboarding form and email verification to gain access to the eRM system.
If you are unable to access eRM from BCBSTX-branded Payer Spaces, contact your Availity Administrator. To identify your Availity Administrator(s), select My Account under the My Account Dashboard on the Availity homepage.
For navigational assistance, refer to the Electronic Refund Management (eRM) User Guide.
This information does not apply to Medicare Advantage or Texas Medicaid claims.