Service coordinators assists you and your child in coordinating acute and long term care services. They will also help you choose the providers that your child needs. If you prefer to see a Medicaid doctor who is not part of our network, you will need to work with a service coordinator so arrangements will be made for authorizations for your child's out-of-network provider.
All members receiving long-term services and supports, or those who request them will receive service coordination services from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) STAR Kids. These services include private duty nursing (PDN) and personal care services (PCS). You and your BCBSTX service coordinator will work together to:
- Assess your health needs
- Create a care plan
- Organize all your services
- Monitor progress toward your health care goals
Your BCBSTX service coordinator will:
- Call you and get to know you and your health care, long-term care and behavioral health needs
- Help you find services that are not normal Medicaid benefits. This could be physical therapy with the school or help with getting food or electricity from community resources
- Help you get services you need
- Help coordinate doctor visits or transportation
- Help coordinate your care with any other case managers, doctors, pharmacists or people who are important for your care needs
- Help find resources that help with special health care needs
- Help caregivers deal with stress caused by illness, money problems or family problems
Find more information about your child's assigned service coordinator by logging in to Blue Access for MembersSM (BAM). In BAM, you can view the service coordinator's name, phone number, and email address. You can also see their most recently completed Screening and Assessment Instrument (SAI) or Individual Service Plan (ISP). Learn more about the SAI. You can also read more about the State requirements for the SAI.
You will also get your service coordinator's name and phone number in the mail. You can call your BCBSTX service coordinator at 1-877-301-4394 or by calling customer service at 1-877-688-1811.