Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) provides excellent supplemental plans for Texas residents over age 65 or those that are eligible for Medicare. For Texans over age 65, they are guaranteed acceptance if they have Medicare Parts A and B.
For those under 65 who qualify for Medicare, they must:
- Be a Texas resident
- Have Medicare Parts A and B
- Apply for Medicare supplement plan within 6 months following their enrollment in Part B
- Get Social Security Disability Insurance for 24 consecutive months, or
- Be diagnosed with ALS, in which case Medicare starts immediately
Why Medicare Supplement Insurance
Medicare is a federal program to help older Americans and some disabled Americans pay for the high cost of health care. However, Medicare was never intended to cover all of their health care costs. So even if your client may be covered by Medicare, they are still responsible for a large portion of their health care costs.
BCBSTX offers 5 Medicare Supplement coverage options. Each plan covers a different set of costs.
We also offer a money-saving option called Medicare Select. With this option, the Medicare Part A deductible is covered for non-emergency care at Medicare Select hospitals. If it’s an emergency, the Part A deductible is covered at any hospital. An added advantage to the Medicare Select plans — your client's premiums will be even lower than our already competitive Standard rates.
Med-Select Product Features
- No Claim Forms in Most Cases
- Membership Card Recognition Guaranteed Nationwide
- No Waiting Period for Pre-Existing Conditions — Immediate Coverage
- Coverage for All Medicare-Approved Services
- Protection to Keep Pace with Medicare Cost Increases
- Choice of Physicians and Hospitals*
*Med-Select Plans require that your client use Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas participating Med-Select hospitals for non-emergency admissions to receive coverage for the Medicare Part A deductible.
Visit our Medicare website to explore all available Medicare Supplement Insurance options.