Save Time and Money
A Flexible Spending Account (FSA) is a pre-tax account that helps employees pay qualified deductibles, copays, prescriptions, dental and vision care costs, and some over-the-counter products.
When an employer chooses one of our preferred FSA vendors to administer its company’s FSA, employees will have the value-added benefits of our integrated services1:
- Preferred Pricing – offers deep discounts on vendor administration fees and standard member education materials are automatically included in pricing.
- Simple Process – we share secure, daily claims and eligibility feeds for hassle free membership updates, expense reimbursement and claim substantiation. Online service is 24/7. Employees can view their account balances and recent transactions.
Other Optional Services
Preferred FSA vendors can administer other spending accounts2 including:
- Dependent Care FSAs (DCFSA)
- Limited Purpose FSAs (LPFSA)
1. Integration features vary by vendor. Talk with your sales or account executive for details.
2. Integration features may not apply to all optional services. Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) may have tax and legal requirements. BCBSTX does not provide legal or tax advice, and nothing in these materials should be construed as legal or tax advice. These materials, and any tax-related statements in them, are not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used or relied on, for the purpose of assessing tax liability or avoiding tax penalties. Tax-related statements, if any, may have been written in connection with the promotion or marketing of the transaction(s) or matter(s) addressed by these materials. You should seek advice based on your particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor regarding the tax consequences of specific health insurance plans or products.