Enhanced Quality, Increased Savings
Our Blue High Performance Network (BlueHPN) is designed to deliver greater value for groups. With BlueHPN, members have in-network-only1 access to quality care through a network that offers an average of more than 10% in additional savings2 as compared to our already industry-leading PPO. BlueHPN is a great option to help employers tailor benefit offerings to maintain access to high-quality providers while being conscious of cost objectives.
BlueHPN is available in more markets nationwide than our competitors, with portable access across over 55 major markets. When inside an HPN service area, members have access to care from any BlueHPN provider with no primary care physician (PCP) selection or referrals needed. When traveling outside of an HPN service area, members have access to emergent and urgent care through a network of Blue Cross and Blue Shield providers.
Providers in BlueHPN are measured on a consistent set of quality metrics across four key domains central to better overall care delivery:
- Appropriateness of care to reduce harm and waste
- Best practice adherence to support guideline-based treatment
- Health management to promote preventive care and chronic condition management
- Outcomes to measure effective care delivery
Providers are measured across these domains through a set of eight national and eight local metrics from industry-respected sources3, creating consistency across markets while addressing key health care issues in local markets.
Making it Simple for You and Your Employees
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) now has two national network products for your employees to choose from.
- For employees living outside major metro areas, the PPO will continue to provide the broad quality access you’ve come to expect from BCBSTX.
- For employees living inside major metro areas, BlueHPN is designed to drive additional savings to help your bottom line while providing access to quality providers.
Visit our BlueHPN website to learn more or contact your BCBSTX representative.
1 Out-of-network coverage is available for emergency situations.
2 Savings are based on Consortium Health Plans analysis, 2019. Savings are on average and assume 100% enrollment. Results will vary based on employer locations and implementation.
3 Measures align with those being utilized by credible industry organizations, including American Hospital Association, Catalyst for Payment Reform and America’s Health Insurance Plans.