(Mid-Market Groups 51-150) (Large Groups 151+)
Blue Essentials from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) can support your cost-savings strategy. This HMO plan can help you reduce your health care costs while still offering your members access to a statewide network of health care providers. Blue Essentials members choose a primary care physician (PCP) to help them navigate the health care system. Their PCP can provide preventive care and refer them to a specialist if needed.
Network Options Help Promote Cost Savings
Blue Essentials could be the right choice for your company:
- Blue Essentials provides a wide range of benefits without financial surprises by offering various copayment options.
- Members benefit from physician-guided care to help them manage their health care.
- Out-of-network coverage is limited to emergency care and authorized out-of-network services.
Why Blue Essentials Works
- Members have access to a statewide network of providers, as well as a full range of participating ancillary services, such as home health care, hospice, surgery centers and skilled nursing facilities.
- Under the Away From Home Care® program, if an employee (or a covered dependent) will be temporarily residing outside of Texas, in a participating location, for at least 90 days, he or she may be eligible to obtain covered services from a Blue Cross and Blue Shield affiliated HMO.
- The Blue365® member discount program* offers exclusive health and wellness deals to BCBSTX members, as well as savings from top national and local retailers on fitness gear, gym memberships, family activities, healthy eating choices and much more.
- Employees have access to health and wellness programs.
- Employees traveling outside of Texas who need urgent care will have access to BlueCard®. This program gives them the ability to obtain urgent health care services through a Blue Cross and Blue Shield affiliated physician or hospital when out of state.
For more detailed information on the benefit designs available, covered benefits, services or supplies that are limited or excluded, general administration of the plan, or any other questions you may have regarding our products and services, visit the Contact Us page for the number of the regional sales office near you.