BlueCare Dental PPOSM
The BlueCare Dental PPO product is a product available for purchase on a self-funded basis only. The PPO dental plan provides a higher level of benefits when members receive treatment from BlueCare Dental participating providers.
Fully Insured Summary of Dental Benefits
- 2022 BlueCare Dental PPO (Small Group) Plans
- 2021 BlueCare Dental PPO (Small Group) Plans
- 2020 BlueCare Dental PPO (Small Group) Plans
- 2021 BlueCare Dental PPO (Mid-Market) Plans
- 2021 BlueCare Dental PPO (Mid-Market) Plans - Spanish
With BlueCare Dental PPO, members have the option to receive care from dentists who are not in the network. However, the lower benefit plan level will apply and out-of-pocket expenses will be higher when receiving dental services from dentists not in the BlueCare DentalSM network. Non-contracting dentists will charge employees their regular fee and may bill them for the balance not covered by the dental benefit plan. Additionally, members may have to submit claims for reimbursement.
If the member elects to receive care from BlueCare Dental network providers:
- They will receive the higher level of benefits (In-Network Benefits)
- They are not required to file claim forms — Network providers bill Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) for services provided
- They are not balance billed — Network providers will not bill for costs that are in excess of the BCBSTX allowable amount for covered services.
If the member elects to receive care from providers outside of the network, they may choose: