Our innovative web-based tools and apps make it easier for members to get the most out of their health insurance plan.
Programs and Discounts
No matter what your benefits package looks like, all employees will have access to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) programs that help control health care costs and maintain healthy lifestyles. There is a range of offerings, like:
- Well onTarget® – A complete wellness solution designed to enhance employee engagement, reduce costs and promote good health.
- Blue365® Member Discount Program – With this program, your employees may save money on health and wellness products and services from top retailers that are not covered by insurance. There are no claims to file and no referrals or prior authorizations.
- Virtual Visits (optional enhancement) – Powered by MDLIVE®, Virtual Visits provides access to care with board-certified doctor visits by phone, secure video or mobile app.
Blue Access for MembersSM
After enrollment, employees can log in to Blue Access for Members, their online resource for managing their BCBSTX coverage year-round, to:
- Review benefits, account balances, claims status and more.
- Order a replacement ID card or print a temporary card.
- View and print an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) for a claim.
- Use the Cost Estimator tool to research, estimate and compare costs of services and treatments from doctors, hospitals and other facilities based on plan coverage.
Provider Finder is an innovative tool to help choose a provider, plus estimate and manage health care costs. Employees can use Provider Finder to:
- Find a network primary care physician, specialist or hospital.
- Filter search results by doctor, specialty, ZIP code, language and gender – even get directions.
- Estimate the cost of hundreds of procedures, treatments and tests and out-of-pocket expenses.
- Determine if Blue Distinction® Center (BDC), BDC+ or Blue Distinction® Total Care is an option for treatment.
- View patient feedback or add a review for a provider.
- Review providers’ certifications and recognitions.
It’s easy, immediate, secure – and available at bcbstx.com.
Our downloadable apps give members easy access to account information, helpful tools and more.
Text Alerts and Reminders
By registering their mobile number with us through Blue Access for Members members get important account information delivered via text messaging**, such as:
- BCBSTX member ID card number
- Copay amount
In addition, they can sign up for Health Tips by Text. These include:
- Reminders to check blood sugar, take medication, or take multivitamin
- Diabetes diet tips
- Exercise and fitness tips
- Heart-healthy diet and basic care tips
**Message and data rates may apply. Supported carriers for text messaging: AT&T, Sprint, Nextel, Boost, Verizon Wireless, U.S. Cellular®, T-Mobile®, Cincinnati Bell, Alltel, Virgin Mobile USA, Cellular South, Unicel, Centennial Wireless and nTelos.