Online Bill Pay
Benefits of Online Bill Pay
- Simple and secure — the fastest way to review and make your payments
- No paper to get lost or delayed — email alerts notify you when your bill is ready
- Your payments will be processed quickly and accurately
- View payment status activity for current and past payments
- Credits post to your account in 2 business days or less
- You control when payments are made
Log in to Blue Access for EmployersSM and click on the Billing link to access Online Payments.
Note: If you don't see the online payment option when you log in, please contact your Account Representative.
Register to take advantage of this and other online services.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there fees for using Online Bill Pay?
BCBSTX does not charge fees for making online payments, but your bank may charge a processing fee.
Are payments automatically deducted from my bank account?
If you have selected 'Auto Pay' your payments will be submitted automatically.
*Premium billed customers - payments are submitted two business days prior to your bill's due date. We will submit payment for the amount due on your most recent bill, plus or minus any changes due to payments or payment adjustments received. These payments and changes are shown on the Changes Since Last Bill option. Any membership adjustments (enrollments, cancellations, product changes, etc), will not be reflected in your auto draft. Any changes entered after your last bill will appear on your next billing statement.
If I have Online Bill Pay, can I print copies of my statements and payments?
Yes, you can print copies of statements, payments and other reports.
Will I continue to receive a paper bill when I sign up for Online Bill Pay?
You will stop receiving paper bills through the mail after your first payment.
Are Online Bill Pay transactions safe and secure?
We recognize the importance of protecting the privacy and security of our members. We utilize the latest technologies and software to prevent unauthorized users from accessing our systems. We protect your information by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards.
We continue to maintain corporate compliance processes and infrastructure with respect to HIPAA security, privacy, and other regulations. Our goal is excellence in customer service, quality and cost effectiveness.
With Online Bill Pay, your payment information is strictly confidential:
- All information is protected by Transport Layer Security (TLS) technology, the leading security protocol for data transfer on the Internet.
- Your payments are processed through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network, a payment network that is trusted by more than 12,000 financial institutions nationwide.
- We do not process any payments until you authorize them.
- We strictly adhere to new privacy policies regarding Identity Theft protection.
- All of our employees must complete HIPAA privacy and security training.
About Automated Clearing House (ACH) Transactions
More than 24.7 billion automated clearing house (ACH) payments were made in 2019. Online Bill Pay uses the same, safe electronic payments system used for Direct Deposit. According to the National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA), online payments “provide more protection than when checks are processed in the traditional way.” More information is available on the NACHA Web site, www.nacha.org.
What You Can Do to Protect Your Information
- Never share your password
- Never write down your password
- Change your password often
- When creating a password, don’t use common words, birthdates or your name
- Log out of Blue Access for Employers when you step away from your computer