Texas Health Steps
- Submit Texas Health Steps Claims on CMS-1500
- Include Benefit code "EP1" in field 11 on the CMS-1500 form and in SBR Loop 2000B, SBR03 for electronic submission. Do not include any other characters in this field as this will cause the claim to deny.
- Diagnosis code "Z00121 and Z00129"
- No rendering National Provider Identifier required for Texas Health Steps
- Submission of Other Insurance (OI) coverage is not required for Texas Health Steps preventive care
- THSteps and CHIP Preventive visits may be performed on the same day as Acute Care services. However, services must be billed on separate claim forms
- Introduction to Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment
- Integrating Postpartum Depression Screening into Routine Infant Medical Checkups
- See all new CE Credit opportunities and other CBT for Texas Health Steps at www.txhealthsteps.com
Checkup Documentation and Resources
- THSteps Procedures and Documentation
- THSteps Checkup Documentation – Essential to Medical Records
- Texas Health Steps Provider Outreach Form
- THSteps Provider Letter
- THSteps Clinical Record Review Tool
- Excel THSteps Clinical Record Review Tool with Instructions
- THSteps Regional Contacts
Texas Health Steps Educational Information
- Frew v Janek Consent Decree and Corrective Action Orders
- TX Health Steps Periodicity and Checkup Elements
For BCBSTX CHIP members, use the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas preventive care forms. These forms are located under the Medicaid (STAR) and CHIP Clinical Practice Tools Tab.