eRM Simplifies Overpayment Reconciliation
Our Electronic Refund Management (eRM) tool offers you a flexible, convenient and user-friendly alternative to the paper refund request and payment process. The eRM tool is available to all independently contracted BCBSTX providers. You must be registered with Availity® or RealMed® to be able to gain access to the eRM application.
Here are some of the benefits of eRM:
- It's easy to use! There's a three-step status bar on every page in eRM. For every transaction, you have the opportunity to review your selection or data before you submit the information to BCBSTX. Webinars are ongoing to assist new users (see below).
- Instead of receiving the paper request for claim refund (RFCR) letter, you can opt to receive a daily or weekly e-mail summarizing overpayment requests from BCBSTX. Once you receive an electronic notification of overpayment, you can choose to deduct from a future payment or pay by check.
- If you have any questions, inquiries can be made right through the eRM system. No need to call BCBSTX — you'll receive a response electronically.
- If there's a need to appeal or dispute a request, you can upload your documentation directly to the eRM system. If you need to fax your information, the system will generate a cover sheet with a bar code to ensure your documentation is matched with the appropriate refund.
- You may also use the system to view transactional history for each request, or generate a report related to multiple new, outstanding and/or closed refund requests that contain an NPI related to your office/facility.
You must be registered with Availity or RealMed to gain access to the BCBSTX eRM tool. To register with Availity, visit their website or call 800-AVAILITY (800-282-4548). For information on RealMed registration, call the RealMed Customer Service Center at 877-REALMED (800-732-5633).
Availity is a registered trademark of Availity, L.L.C.
RealMed is a registered trademark of RealMed Corporation.
Availity, L.L.C. and RealMed Corporation are independent contractors and are solely responsible for their products and services.