Interactive Voice Response (IVR) System
Enjoy the Convenience of Self-Service Inquiry Resolution.
Our IVR system uses voice recognition technology so that you can obtain automated information on member eligibility, benefits or claims status. All you need to do is speak your request — the IVR does the rest.
- You may access the IVR by calling Provider Customer Service at 800-451-0287. Hours of availability are: Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. – 11:30 p.m. (CT), and Saturday, 6:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (CT).
- Simply provide your National Provider Identifier (NPI) when prompted* (you may speak or enter your information by touch-tone).
- Physician or solo practitioner must use the Type 1 NPI number.
- Physicians or practitioners that have incorporated with both a Type 1 & Type 2 NPI issues must use the Type 1 NPI number.
- Physicians or practitioners that are part of a group practice must use the rendering provider's (Type 1) NPI number.
- Radiologists, anesthesiologists and other medical providers must use the Type 1 NPI number.
- Medical Groups must use the rendering provider's Type 1 NPI for the rendering provider.
- DME suppliers must use the type 2 NPI for the specific location.
- Labs and other ancillary providers must use type 2 NPI for the entity.
- Facilities must use the Type 2 NPI number.
To request one-on-one training email us. Please include your name and telephone number.
- Behavioral Health Eligibility and Benefits Caller Guide (Non-FEP)
- Behavioral Health Preauthorization Caller Guide (Non-FEP)
- Checking Status of a Preauthorization Request
- Claims Caller Guide
- Eligibility and Benefits Caller Guide
- Extending a Preauthorization Request
- Inpatient Preauthorization Caller Guide
- Outpatient Preauthorization Caller Guide
* Providers who do not have an NPI or are calling from out-of-state may speak or enter their tax ID number (TIN) when prompted by the IVR; however, these providers will only be able to obtain limited information. If your NPI or TIN is unrecognized or invalid, you will have partial or no access to member eligibility, benefits or claims status via the IVR system. Instead, you will be routed to a limited menu that includes instructions on how to obtain an NPI.
** The NPI guidelines were established to help support and clarify the use of NPI numbers when inquiring about eligibility and benefits as well as claim status for BCBSTX members.