Clinical & Administrative Advisory Committee (MCAAC)
Each STAR Kids service area will have a peer committee composed of physicians (primary and specialty care), a pharmacist, a therapist (physical, occupational or speech), a home and community support agency representative and a medical and equipment supplies provider. The committees will meet quarterly.
The committees’ responsibilities include:
- peer support and best practice information sharing; recommendations on how to improve care based on member feedback;
- assist in developing improved administrative procedures;
- review quality of care cases that have been referred to the MPAC;
- review preventive care guidelines;
- review quality improvement activities;
- evaluate reports involving medical and behavioral health coordination and continuity of care;
- and credentialing review as necessary.
Need More Info?
Contact Indu Warrier, MD, FAAP, Medicaid Medical Director, at Indu_Warrier@bcbstx.com.