Have you been on the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) Medicaid plan for longer than 12 months without renewing your benefits during the COVID-19 pandemic? When the public health emergency ends, your Medicaid benefits could change or end. Learn more about public health emergency.
The best way to protect your benefits is to make sure Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) has your most up-to-date contact information.
- Make updates online at yourtexasbenefits.com.
- Create an account to keep your information up-to-date.
- Log in and select “Manage” to confirm or update your account information.
- Select “Details” and click “Report a change” to confirm or update your name, address, phone number and email.
- You can also make updates on the HHSC Mobile App or call 2-1-1.
Renew Your Benefits
- HHSC will send you letter a few months before your benefits end.
- Follow the instructions in the letter as quickly as possible to renew your Medicaid benefits.
- Be sure to turn in proof of income and any other information you are asked to provide.
Don’t miss your benefit interview call from HHSC! Their interview number is 1-737-867-7700. Add it to your phone contacts so you know it is them when they call.
Be Covered with BCBSTX
If you no longer qualify for Medicaid, you may still be covered by BCBSTX. Compare individual and family health insurance plans offered by BCBSTX at www.needcoveragenowtx.com. You may be eligible to get help paying for coverage through premium tax credits or cost-sharing assistance.
Don’t delay – please check to see if you need to renew. We want you to stay covered.