Bills and everyday needs don’t stop because someone can’t work. An accident or illness can endanger an individual’s most important asset: the ability to earn a living. Our Short-Term Disability (STD) plans pay benefits when sickness or injury prevents you from working full time. We offer STD programs tailored to meet the needs and cost expectations of both employers and employees.
Employer-Sponsored Group Plans & Voluntary Group Plans
- Affordable premiums
- Evidence of Insurability not required on most plans
- Coverage for disabilities caused by accidents, illnesses and pregnancy
- Benefits paid for Total or Partial Disability
- Seamless claim transition from STD to LTD
- Submit claims by phone
My Benefits – Online Member Solution for Disability Claims
Submit and manage your disability claims online through My Benefits, our self-service tool.
- Submit a new disability claim
- Link to existing disability claims
- Access and review your claim documents
- Upload supporting documents
- Track the status of your disability claims
- Review your payment history
Absence Management Services
Managing a medical leave of absence can be challenging for both employers and employees.
That's why we’ve combined our disability products with FMLASource's expertise and experience to offer Absence Management Services. These services provide easy integration of our Short-Term Disability (STD) insurance and FMLA-related leaves.
The intake process for FMLA and STD can be started online or with a single phone call. Intake specialists manage cases from start to finish by:
- Determining eligibility for STD and FMLA
- Tracking FMLA absences concurrently with STD duration
- Administering and managing return-to-work
- Documenting compliance with state and federal requirements
Contact your sales rep to learn how we can help meet your insurance needs.
Insurance products issued by Dearborn Life Insurance Company, 701 E. 22nd St. Suite 300, Lombard, IL 60148. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) is the trade name of Dearborn Life Insurance Company, an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. BLUE CROSS®, BLUE SHIELD® and the Cross and Shield Symbols are registered service marks of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, an association of independent Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans.
FMLASource® is offered and administered by ComPsych® Corporation. ComPsych® Corporation is an independent organization that does not provide BCBSTX or Dearborn Life Insurance Company products or services. ComPsych® Corporation is solely responsible for the products and services described in this flier.