Ancillary Solutions for Beneficiaries
Losing a loved one can be emotionally and financially overwhelming. We offer the resources and services you need to navigate the claim process and help make this difficult time a little easier.
Beneficiary Resource Services™
We have teamed with Morneau Shepell to provide Beneficiary Resource Services to our life insurance policyholders and their beneficiaries.
Beneficiary Resource Services helps people:
- Manage any legal issues that may result after the loss of a loved one
- Provide information for those planning or pre-planning a funeral
- Create, modify and store a last will and testament online
- Cope with and recover from the emotional impact of the loss of a loved one
- Effectively manage the financial consequences
DearbornCares provides an advance payment of the life insurance benefit to help beneficiaries cover their immediate expenses, such as funeral costs and medical bills.
- Pays up to a total of $50,000 of Employer-Paid Life Insurance claims
- Available for covered employees and retirees
- Available on claims with 1, 2 or 3 named beneficiaries
- No death certificate required
Once the employer is notified of the death, they will contact us about the life insurance claim, and then we will mail the payment check within 48 hours of confirmation. No additional paperwork is required. Any remaining Basic Life benefit, if available, will be handled using our standard process.
Download the forms you need.