Life insurance is a great way to provide for loved ones in the event of an untimely death. It can be one of the wisest decisions a person can make to financially protect those who depend on them. While life insurance may not be the easiest thing to talk about, most people realize they need it.
Major reasons given for owning life insurance include:
- Replace lost income
- Cover burial or other final expenses
- Pay off mortgage
Employer-Sponsored Group Plans & Voluntary Group Plans
We work with employers to provide both employer-sponsored group plans and voluntary group plans for employees.
- Affordable premiums
- Basic, supplemental or voluntary plans
- Optional coverage for spouses and dependents
- Optional Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage
- Accelerated death benefit
- Waiver of premium
Beneficiary Resource ServicesTM
Losing a loved one is never easy.
That’s why we have teamed with Morneau Shepell to provide Beneficiary Resource Services to our life insurance policyholders and their beneficiaries.
Beneficiary Resource Services helps people:
- Manage any legal issues that may result after the loss of a loved one
- Provide information for those planning or pre-planning a funeral
- Create, modify and store a last will and testament online
- Cope with and recover from the emotional impact of the loss of a loved one
- Effectively manage the financial consequences
Travel Resource ServicesTM
Travel Resource Services helps travelers with:
- Emergencies: medical emergencies, transportation of loved ones in case of hospitalization, cash advance, legal assistance or bail, and emergency communication and arrangements
- Logistical help: physician and dentist referrals, prescription and eyeglass replacement, finding an interpreter for phone or written translation and locating lost or stolen items
- Pre-trip planning: visa and passport information, inoculation and immunization requirements, cultural information, embassy and consulate referrals, foreign exchange rates and travel advisories
- Covered expenses*: medically necessary evacuation or return home, family member transportation to hospital, dependent children transportation and more
Beneficiary Resource Services and Travel Resource Services are available to groups with 51 or more eligible members.
*Coverage is up to a maximum of $150,000 and must be verified by Assist America first. Approval subject to the program guidelines.
Insurance products issued by Dearborn Life Insurance Company, 701 E. 22nd St. Suite 300, Lombard, IL 60148. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) is the trade name of Dearborn Life Insurance Company, an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. BLUE CROSS®, BLUE SHIELD® and the Cross and Shield Symbols are registered service marks of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, an association of independent Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans. Beneficiary Resource Services is provided by Morneau Shepell. Morneau Shepell is an independent organization that does not provide BCBSTX or Dearborn Life Insurance Company products or services. Morneau Shepell is solely responsible for the products and services described in this webpage. Legal services will not be provided for court proceedings or for the preparation of briefs for legal appearances or actions or for any action against any party providing Beneficiary Resource Services. Legal services provided under Beneficiary Resource Services are not intended for adversarial matters. May include face-to-face sessions, over-the-phone sessions or time taken for research or document preparation. Neither Morneau Shepell, BCBSTX nor Dearborn Life Insurance Company are responsible or liable for care or advice rendered by any referral resources.
Travel Resource Services is administered by Assist America, Inc. Assist America is an independent organization that does not provide BCBSTX or Dearborn Life Insurance Company products or services. Assist America is solely responsible for the products and services associated with Travel Resource Services.
This page is for illustrative purposes only and is not a contract. Not all products and services may be offered by your employer. For more complete details please consult the policy for actual terms of coverage.