Already a Member?
Log in and view your claims, find doctors and hospitals and learn to lead a healthier lifestyle.
Advantages of Membership
It's simple really: a 2"x3" card with your name and account number on the front, with phone numbers and websites on the back. All of this is pretty standard. But, our card is anything but standard. The Blue Cross and Blue Shield logo means there are high expectations that come with this card. Expectations that have been built over the years by earning your trust. There's something more, too. It's that special feeling that comes with having a Blue Cross and Blue Shield card. It's knowing that the people standing behind it will be here to guide you through times of change. We are different. We care. See for yourself. Listen to our members' voices and see the Blue Cross and Blue Shield membership card at work.
Member Voice features real-life, unscripted experiences. Members are not compensated for their participation.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas is the largest and most experienced health care insurance company in the state. We provide coverage to more than 4.7 million members. Why do so many Texans choose us?
- Largest Network — We have the largest PPO network in the state.
- Trusted Name — With more than 80 years of experience, we are the most trusted name in the health care industry.
- Member Services — Customer advocates provide unrivaled service.
- Tools You Can Use — Use our innovative web-based tools and apps to get the most from your health insurance plan.
When you choose a health care insurance plan from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas, you get more options to meet your needs. We have the largest PPO network in the state of Texas, which gives you a wide choice of doctors, hospitals and health care professionals.
- 90% of Texas hospitals
- 79% of Texas physicians
- Available in all 254 counties
National coverage is available when traveling or living outside home state in the U.S.
- Easy claims and administration
- Largest PPO network in the country
- More than 5,300 hospitals; 83% of all physicians
- Available in all 50 states, Washington D.C. and Puerto Rico
International coverage is available while traveling outside the U.S. in over 200 countries.
We are the most recognizable and trusted name in the health care insurance industry. We've been around for more than 80 years. When you've been around that long, you get to see generations of families grow to live healthy and inspired lives.
Unlike some of the national, publicly-traded health insurance companies, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas is customer-owned. This means our owners and customers are one and the same. Our long-term planning and investment strategies deliver more stability and consistency versus a quarterly report's bottom line.
* Source: Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association
We focus on your personal needs, not transactions. This sets us apart from other health care insurers. Our service staff is empowered to serve as your advocates. That's why we call them Customer Advocates. They take responsibility for helping you navigate the health care insurance process and understand your benefits. They truly serve as your advocate.
- Focus on call quality, not call volume
- Go the extra mile to assist you
- Provide guidance based on your personal situation
- Help you understand and get the most from health and wellness programs and tools
Our dedication to our members is reflected in our member satisfaction ratings. Satisfaction among our members is significantly higher than other insurance companies. Our members are also significantly more loyal to their health care insurance plan than members of our competitor's plans.
Member Satisfaction: Likelihood to Recommend and Stay with Current Healthcare Insurance Plan
Source: 2012 Continuous Tracking Program, HCSC & DSS Research. All products.
Blue Access for MembersSM
Through Blue Access for Members (BAM), our secure member website, you can access health plan information, resources and tools.
- Review balances, claims status, benefits, coverage details and more.
- Order a replacement ID card or print a temporary card.
- View and print an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) for a claim.
- Search for and compare doctors, hospitals and dentists nearby using Provider Finder®.
- Use the Cost Estimator tool to research and estimate costs of services and treatments from doctors, hospitals and other facilities.
Blue Access MobileSM
Blue Access Mobile makes it easy for you to access your information while on the go. You can view coverage details, health and wellness information, check claim status and access ID card information. You can also sign up to get text or email alerts and tips for:
- Claims Information — Get alerts when a claim status changes.
- Exercise and Fitness — Get weekly tips to help improve your workouts.
- Prescription Drugs — Sign up for alerts to check blood sugar, take a medication or a multivitamin.
- Diabetes Diet — Get weekly diet management tips to help stabilize insulin levels.
- Heart Healthy Diet and Basic Care Management — Get weekly messages with heart healthy diet management and basic care tips.
Health and Wellness Resources
- Provider Finder® — Find doctors, hospitals and urgent care facilities. You can download the Provider Finder app for the iPhone. You can search using your phone's GPS and save information to your address book.
- CONNECT — Your online community where you can connect with people on topics that are important to you.
- eCards for HealthSM — Our free website offers ecards, screen savers and healthy tips that you can send to your family and friends encourages them to make healthy lifestyle changes.
- Be Smart. Be Well.® — This wellness website features topics such as childhood obesity, high-risk pregnancy and drug safety. Watch videos from experts and listen to personal stories.
- LifeTimes eNewsletter — LifeTimes is your award-winning guide to lifelong health. The newsletter is emailed each month to members who have signed up for Blue Access for Members (BAM). (View sample newsletter)
- Already a member? Register for BAM to get LifeTimes. In addition to health and wellness, fitness tips, and videos, you'll get important updates about your benefits and coverage.
- Not a member? Sign up for LifeTimes for the health and wellness content.
- Medicare Supplement and Part D members. You'll continue to get our quarterly special interest newsletter.
Valuable Member Programs
As a BCBSTX member, you have access to a range of programs that can help you get and stay healthy.
- Blue Care Connection® programs can help you manage weight, control stress, monitor your health, quit tobacco and more.
- Blue Care Dental ConnectionSM is available to dental plan members and provides tools and information to help you make good dental care decisions.
- Blue365® offers discounts on health-related products, health and fitness clubs, weight-loss programs and much more.
This is only a brief description of some of the plan benefits. Not all benefits are offered by all Plans mentioned above. For more complete details, including benefits, limitations and exclusions, please refer to your certificate of coverage.