Added benefits for Blue Cross Medicare AdvantageSM members
"An ounce of prevention," the old saying goes, "is worth a pound of cure." For a Blue Cross Medicare AdvantageSM member, that statement carries a lot of truth.
From wellness checkups to vaccinations, you have access to a broad range of preventive services that can help you and your provider catch health problems in the early stages, when they are easier to treat. Let’s look at a few:
Annual Wellness Visit
As a Blue Cross Medicare Advantage member, you receive one wellness visit every 12 months. This is a great opportunity to develop or update a personalized prevention plan based on your current health and risk factors. It can also help establish a baseline for future care. The visit includes:
- a health risk assessment.
- a review of medical and family history.
- detection of any cognitive impairment.
- a list of risk factors and treatment options for you.
- a screening schedule for appropriate preventive services.
In addition to the Annual Wellness Visit, here are some more screenings and other services that are available to Blue Cross Medicare Advantage members:
- Colorectal cancer screening: a fecal occult blood test once every 12 months for the detection of colon cancer.
- Diabetes screening: a blood glucose test for people who are at risk for diabetes.
- Mammogram screening: once every 12 months for women over the age of 40.
- Eye exam: once every 12 months.
- Cholesterol screening: twice a year, per the instructions of your provider.
- Flu shot: one shot every flu season.
- Pneumonia shot: most people only need this shot once in their lifetime.
Please note: The benefit information provided is a brief summary, not a complete description of benefits. For more information contact the plan. Limitations, copayments, and restrictions may apply. Plans are available in Bastrop, Burnet, Caldwell, Collin, Dallas, Denton, Fayette, Fort Bend, Harris, Hays, Lee, Montgomery, Tarrant, Travis and Williamson counties.