Office Based Professional Providers – Credentialing
BCBSTX requires physicians and other professional providers to use the Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare's (CAQH®*) ProView for initial credentialing and recredentialing. CAQH ProView, a free online service, allows physicians and other professional providers to fill out one application to meet the credentialing data needs of multiple organizations. The CAQH ProView database online credentialing application process supports our administrative simplification and paper reduction efforts. This solution also supports quality initiatives and helps to ensure the accuracy and integrity of our provider database.
- New to the CAQH process?
- CAQH is a free electronic solution for provider data collection that allows providers to maintain control of their information.
- CAQH sends welcome email and a CAQH provider ID number.
- Visit CAQH ProView to register and start the credentialing process.
- Already registered with CAQH?
- Log in CAQH ProView and verify
- TX is the primary practicing state
- You have authorized access to your information by checking the box beside BCBSTX, or you may select "global authorization"
- Your data summary and attest
- Submit supporting documents
- Upload required documents to CAQH
Note: The requirements of creating and/or updating your CAQH profile is important. Failure to finalize your CAQH application within 45 days will cause the BCBSTX credentialing process to be discontinued and you will be required to start the process over.
Refer to our website for more detailed information on the credentialing process.