Availity® Claim Status Tool Available for All Members
Last year, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) launched the Availity Claim Status tool for providers to verify detailed claim status online for Medicare Advantage and Texas Medicaid members. Starting Oct. 19, 2020, this tool will include claim status for commercial, Federal Employee Program® (FEP®) and marketplace health plan members. This improvement will increase your administrative efficiencies by offering you a single tool to check claim status online for all your BCBSTX patients.
Claim Status Tool Information
This tool is found in the Claims & Payment menu via the Availity Provider
Portal and allows providers to search for claims:
- By a member ID or specific claim number. When searching by the member ID, the patient name will now be included in the list of claims returned, based on the search criteria entered;
- In real time;
- With more detailed information than the HIPAA-standard 276/277 claim status transaction.
The following claim status details will be returned:
- Patient and provider data submitted on claims
- In-network and out-of-network patient liability breakdown
- Billing and rendering provider name and NPI
- Check number, check date and payee name
- Other carrier payment amount
- Ineligible reason codes and associated descriptions
- Transaction ID reference numbers
Refer to the Availity Claim Status User Guide in the Provider Tools section of our provider website. As a reminder, you must be registered with Availity to use the Claim Status tool. For registration information, visit Availity , or contact Availity Client Services at 1-800-282-4548.
Webinar Training Available
Providers are encouraged to register for an upcoming Availity training to learn how to efficiently verify claim status online using the Claim Status tool. To register for a session, simply click on one of the dates and times below.
- Oct. 21, 2020 – 2 to 2:30 p.m.
- Oct. 23, 2020 – 11 to 11:30 a.m.
- Oct. 26, 2020 – 10 to 10:30 a.m.
- Oct. 27, 2020 – 3 to 3:30 p.m.
Going forward, training on the Claim Status tool will be included in the ongoing Availity 101 sessions. Refer to the Availity section on the Education Webinar Sessions page.
BCBSTX Claim Research Tool Retirement
The BCBSTX Claim Research Tool (CRT) in Availity will be retired as of Oct. 19, 2020. The detailed claim status information you received within the CRT have been incorporated into the Availity Claim Status tool.
If you have additional questions, contact the Provider Education Consultants.
Availity is a trademark of Availity, LLC, a separate company that operates a health information network to provide electronic information exchange services to medical professionals. Availity provides administrative services to BCBSTX. BCBSTX makes no endorsement, representations or warranties regarding any products or services provided by third party vendors such as Availity. If you have any questions about the products or services provided by such vendors, you should contact the vendor(s) directly.