Update: Additional Benefit Preauthorization Requirements for 2018
After receiving feedback from the provider community about the new benefit preauthorization requirements that went into effect January 1, 2018 and posted October 2, 2017, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) is removing certain procedure codes from the preauthorization requirements for some care categories, effective Feb. 23, 2018. To access the updated list of procedure codes for the additional care categories requiring benefit preauthorization in 2018, go to Preauthorizations/Notifications/Referral Requirements on the provider website. These changes apply to members of the following plans:
- Blue Advantage HMO and Blue Advantage Plus HMO Fully Insured members
- Blue Choice PPO Fully Insured members
- Blue Choice PPO with Health Advocacy Solutions Premier Package
- Blue Essentials and Blue Essentials Access Fully Insured members
- Blue Premier and Blue Premier Access Fully Insured members
We appreciate your feedback and your continued participation in BCBSTX's networks.