In-Home Test Kits for FOBT/FIT & MAU Blue Cross Medicare Advantage (PPO)SM and Blue Cross Medicare Advantage (HMO)SM Returning and New Members
Beginning in May, select Blue Cross Medicare Advantage (PPO) and Blue Cross Medicare Advantage (HMO) returning members may receive the Fecal Immunochemical Test (FOBT/FIT) (colorectal cancer screening) or for new members, they'll receive the Micro Albumin (urine test) (MAU) (kidney disease monitoring) in-home test kits. Members can first expect to receive a communication from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) about the tests, and within that communication, members will have the option to opt out of the program and to not receive the test kits.
As of 1/1/17, members who participate in the program and who are registered for rewards and incentives may be eligible to receive a $25 Healthy Action1 credit for participation in the in-home test kit program.
The following two tests will be sent out to our members and processed by the Home Access Health Corporation (HAHC) and are offered at no additional cost to members:
- FIT Tests for colorectal cancer screenings (for returning members with BCBSTX since (1/1/2016)
- MAU-Micro albumin tests for kidney disease monitoring for diabetics (new members 1/1/2017) * A1C tests for blood sugar control for diabetes are only sent in year-end campaigns and will not be part of Q2 efforts.
HAHC is an independent company that provides laboratory testing and will send results via mail to both the member and their primary physician on file. Our goal is to encourage members to close care gaps by making the process easier to complete the test(s) in the comfort of their own homes.
We're requesting that you do the following:
- Encourage your patients to take these test kits should they receive them and advise your patients that after taking the tests, they should return them in the prepaid postage envelope to the address listed.
- Reiterate to your patients that they should provide their PCP's name and mail address, along with their sample, to receive the test results.
- Please be on the lookout for these test results so that you can place them into the member’s records and be prepared to follow up on any alert values received.
If you have any questions or if you need additional information, please contact your BCBSTX Network Management Representative.
1 There is a $100 maximum annual reward for members who are registered for the Rewards and Incentives program. One reward per healthy action per year, healthy action dates of service. It may take up to 90 days for Healthy Actions to show as completed in the system.