Pharmacy Members Have A New Mail Order Pharmacy Choice
What is New?
As of August 1, 2021, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) Medicaid members, whose pharmacy benefits are administrated through Prime Therapeutics LLC (Prime), now have Express Scripts® Pharmacy added as an additional vendor. Other in-network pharmacies may also be available.
Choosing a Mail Order Pharmacy
Your patients may ask you to move their prescription(s) to the new mail order pharmacy service.
Mail order service provides a convenient way for your patients to get up to a 90-day supply of a maintenance (or long-term) medicine by mail.
- When renewing your patients’ current maintenance prescriptions or when writing new prescriptions for mail order, ask your patients for their preferred mail order service.
- If your patients want to use Express Scripts® Pharmacy, you can send the prescriptions:
- Electronically – Use your EMR system to e-prescribe to: Express Scripts Home Delivery. For questions on e-prescribing, call 1-800-211-1456, option 5.
- By Fax – Call 1-888-327-9791 for faxing instructions. (Faxes can only be received from a doctor’s office.)
- By Phone – Call the pharmacy at 1-833-715-0976.
- For more information on Express Scripts® Pharmacy, visit express-scripts.com/rx .
Please take this opportunity to update any pharmacy information that may be stored in your patients’ records. Also, if your patient had a current benefit prior authorization approval on file, it will follow the standard BCBSTX process for renewals.
Members can call us at the number listed on their BCBSTX Medicaid Member ID card if they have any questions. If you have any questions, need further help or need to check a patient’s coverage, please call us at the number on your patient’s ID card.
Express Scripts® Pharmacy is a pharmacy that is contracted to provide mail pharmacy services to members of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX). The relationship between Express Scripts® Pharmacy and BCBSTX is that of independent contractors. Express Scripts® Pharmacy is a trademark of Express Scripts Strategic Development, Inc.
Prime Therapeutics LLC is a separate pharmacy benefit management company contracted by BCBSTX to provide pharmacy benefit management and related other services. BCBSTX, as well as several independent Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans, has an ownership interest in Prime Therapeutics.
Pharmacy benefits and limits are subject to the terms set forth in the member’s certificate of coverage which may vary from the limits set forth above. For more complete details, including benefits, limitations and exclusions, members should refer to their certificate of coverage. Regardless of benefits, the final decision about any medication and pharmacy choice is between the member and their health care provider.